- The Lordship of Christ
- As individuals and as a church, we seek to make Jesus Lord of every aspect of our lives.
- Baptism for Believers
- On the basis of the New Testament, we claim that baptism is for believers only. Baptism is only for those who are
able to declare "Jesus is Lord." As a symbol of Jesus' claim on their lives, we practise baptism by 'immersion,' in
which believers symbolise their desire to 'die to self' and to live for Christ.
- The Priesthood of all Believers
- An illustration of the priesthood of all believers is the church meeting. This is the occasion when members come
together to understand in prayer God's will for their life together. The final authority rests not with the
ministers or deacons but with the members gathered together in church meetings.
- Religious Freedom
- Religious freedom for all has always been a keystone of the Baptist way.
- The Authority of the Bible
- We believe that the Bible shows us God's way for living. As believers we seek to root our lives in the revelation of God's truth.
- A Believers' Church
- Our church is a community of believers who gather together for worship, witness and service. Every member has a
role to play, whether in teaching, faith-sharing, evangelism, social action, pastoring, guiding, serving,
prophetic insight, praying, healing, administration or hospitality.
- On the basis of the New Testament, we believe that churches should not live in isolation from one another but rather be
- Sharing the Faith
- We believe that each Christian has a duty to share their faith with others.